Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Draw what you "see" not what you "know."

Misty Mawn's online class "Drawing and Painting" started last Friday and we are learning to draw what we see not what we know. I picked out a picture in a magazine that had good lights and shadows so I could practice shading with pencil. I had to keep reminding myself to draw what I see (easier said than done). Well here are the results. I don't feel like it "looks" like the girl, but that wasn't the point of the assignment. Next we need to practice 3/4 faces.


The inspiration...




The drawing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shopgirl said...

WOW! This is lovely!
Love this, Mary

Buffy said...

She came out so beautiful,you really captured her.

Kolleen said...

WOW!!!

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS...YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB!!!

XXOO
K