Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Girl With Flower Hat Print is in my Shop!!!


***UPDATE***
I have had some requests to sell prints of this piece, so I have made some and they are now in my shop.



I'm a little behind in my lessons for Misty Mawn (she gives you a lot and really makes you work...isn't that awesome?). I think this portrait is from lesson two. I used a stabilo pencil and titanium white for the face and acrylics for the rest. This girlie has been in my head for awhile. I really like the contrast between the black and white face and then a splash of color around her. This was so fun to create!!!

7 comments:

Buffy said...

Love the black and white with the pink. I keep going back over some of Mistys videos because I want to keep practicing. She's beautiful.

Zorana said...

She is really beautiful and so well done! My favorite from all of your paintings. Can't wait to see what's next for you... love to see the changes in your art (love when it happens in mine too). xo

A Miraculous Meliss said...

She's gorgeous! It's so funny cause I was thinking of doing a painting with a black and white face with a colored back ground. Great minds!!

~magick~
Melissa

Shopgirl said...

I can see why someone would want her, she is lovely...I hope you are having a good time..
Hugs, Mary

Jenn said...

Happy Happy Birthday my sweet Shonna (Feb 11th) I love you!!!
your biggest fan, MOM

Sandi Keene said...

She is beautiful and so cool!

Carmen said...

This piece is really beautiful Shonna!