Pages

Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Progression of a Painting.

I will be teaching something very similar in the Soul Food online class. So I thought I would give my blog readers a little sneak peak. I won't be teaching this exact page, but I will be using some of the same supplies.

I started out with collage. I used different pages in a magazine along with some old book pages. Then I added joint compound and used stamps and bubble wrap to add texture in the joint compound. I added a wash of color, so you can see the texture and then sketched out my little princess.



Here I added more washes of color and began to paint the princess.



 I continued to add more color and rubons for even more texture. I also added some background stamping as well.



 Here is a close-up of the texture the joint compound creates (I love that stuff).


 Here is the finished piece.

I am so excited to be co-teaching in the online class Soul Food. Come and join us!!! We have an introductory price right now, so sign up before the price goes up!!! It will be a whole year of wonderful projects by a really creative bunch of women who want to share their love of mixed media with you.

I really hope to see you in my class!!!


No comments: