Pages

Sunday, March 30, 2008

I met Jason Mraz!!!



One of my favorite musicians of all time is Jason Mraz. In fact, I have several songs of his on my blog here. I have all of his CD's and have been to two of his concerts. He is sort of a native of San Diego. He moved out here when he began his music career and played in small coffee shops and music venues and he now considers this his home. Back in October of 2007, San Diego experienced one of the worst wildfires in its history. Many people lost their homes and a lot of the county was evacuated. The smoke was so bad at my house that we evacuated ourselves. We just couldn't handle the smoke any longer, so we packed up some of our valuables and went to a hotel in Palm Springs for the night. Jason along with several other musicians from San Diego collaborated and made a CD called "Fire Relief" to help the victims of the wildfires. This past Sunday he was at the Best Buy near my town signing copies of the CD. My daughter and I waited in line for 2 hours and it was worth every minute of the wait. He was so generous to everyone. He didn't just sit there behind the table, sign and move on to the next person. He actually stood the whole time, took pictures and had conversations with each one of us. I told him that even though it probably sounded corny, his music was an inspiration to me. He told me that he didn't think it was corny at all and that was what he played music for...to inspire. He also thought my stepdaughter and I looked like sisters, not mother and daughter...tee hee (that was so cool). Anyway, so I thought I would post a few of the pictures we took with him along with his autograph to me.

2 comments:

Sandra Evertson said...

Love, love your wonderful painting below!
Sandra Evertson

Unknown said...

Thanks so much!!!