Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

"From the Flower Fields"











This past Saturday, I took my son to the Carlsbad Flower Fields. Every year they plant amazing colorful flowers up a huge hill about 4 blocks from the ocean. The flowers are so vibrant and beautiful and on one side of the hill they plant flowers to look like the Amercian Flag. It really is stunning to see in person. We took a tractor ride through the fields and JD had such a blast. He loved the tractor more than the flowers, but I really appreciated the beauty. This painting is called "From the Flower Fields" and I am really pleased with the way it came out. I again experimented with the background and used a lot of oil pastels (by far my best buy as far as art supplies go). And I finished off the painting with hot bees wax. I have come to the conclusion that ironing out the bees wax with a quilting iron sucks! I totally burned my finger on that stupid thing and I don't even think it made much of a difference on my painting. Oh well...




Peace

No comments: