Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2008

"WICKED"


So you know that I love Suzi Blu and read her blog daily...Well, she and some of her readers are just starting to read the book "Wicked." I just picked up my copy and am going to start it this weekend. It's a prequel to Wizard of Oz and it tells the story of the Wicked Witch before she became wicked. I don't know much more about it, but I can't wait to read it. After we read the book, we are going to paint witches. So if you want to join in with us, I would love to discuss the book with you and see your witch paintings.

4 comments:

Blaiz said...

LOL, I couldn't watch the Wizard of Oz until I was in my 30s! They used to show it on TV every Easter when I was a kid, and I'd always take a bath or be doing something else so I didn't have to see it. I'd hear the WWW screaming, "I'm melting, I'm melting" and I'd shudder! It still makes me shudder just a little bit. So I won't be joining you in painting the witches (or reading the book), but I look forward to seeing what you paint!

Unknown said...

You're too funny blaiz! That's how I was with the movie Benji! I couldn't handle it when the bad guy kicked Benji. I would run into my room bawling!!!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

I saw the play! The best ever. I hope you enjoy the book!

Kim

Unknown said...

I love your art! I am a friend of AudreyEclectic. I loved "Wicked". I think I first read it about 10 or more years ago when it first came out and before it was a musical. It tells the story of the Wizard of Oz from the Wicked Witch's perspective. Gregory McQuire has done more books along this theme that are also wonderful including "Confessions of an Ugly Step Sister"(Cinderella) and "Mirror"(Snow White)-I loved both of those as well!