Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Suzi Blu Kit


One of my favorite artists Suzi Blu created a kit to learn how to paint her girlies. The kit is called "Party Girl" and it came with so many materials that I can make several mixed media paintings out of them. One of the things that was included was a practice sheet with images of her girlies on the front and back. After I finished practicing, I realized that I liked some of them. I wanted to do something with them instead of just keeping them in a drawer or tossing them, so I decided to laminate the ones I liked and make bookmarks out of them to give to my friends and family. Here is a picture of how they came out. When I'm finished with the actual painting I will post the results. Leave a comment and let me know what you think of the bookmarks.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute idea Shonna. Never let good art go to waste..

Natalie B said...

Hi Shonna.... Fabulous idea and love the way they've turned out. I have ordered her kit too and can't wait for it to arrive.

Cheers

Sandi Keene said...

The girlies look great. Creative use of something way too good to let just lie around. Way to go, Shonna!

Jessi Nagy said...

hey there doll,
these dolls are fab. so sweet.
ok i love the halloween little homes.
darling.
oxoxo,
jessi

Tara's Art Camp said...

what a cute idea!

Blaiz said...

Great idea. I haven't even started on my kit yet!

nollyposh said...

Oh they are soooo gorgeous! X:-)

suze said...

They are adorable! I am a fan of Suzi's too.

Paula In Pinetop said...

This is a great idea.

3rdEyeMuse said...

what a great idea! they are really cute.