Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Inspiration, Clarification and Taggification....

Does anyone else out there feel uninspired in the new year? I think I burnt myself out doing so much at Christmas and now I don't know what to do...
Are you feeling creative in the new year or do you feel like you are in need of some inspiration? Tell me I'm not alone...


I have to clarify something, the picture in my last post is of my daughter and son. My step daughter Reeana is 15 and my son Jordan is 3. I was cracking up when some of you thought that was me. I wish I looked that young... I am 37 (by the way). I guess I should post a picture of me huh?

So here is a picture of me with my son...












I have also been tagged by Kristin of My Creative Journey. I have to list 6 random things about myself:


1. I am an only Child.


2. My Dad's birthday is Oct. 11, my Mom's birthday is Dec 11, and my birthday is Feb 11 (all 2 months apart but of course different years).


3. My favorite/lucky number is 11 (see random fact #2.)


4. I met my husband on a blind date.


5. I absolutely hate orange candy of any kind (although I do like oranges).


6. My worst fear is drowning (I had to walk out of the movie "White Squall" because there was a boat with people trapped and it was sinking. I made myself stay when I saw Titanic though).



So there it is, not very exciting...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel yucky this new year too, before xmas i had a ton of inspiration and now...NOTHING!!
I must try and relax a bit, xmas here was hectic and full of chocolate lol i must eat healthier then maybe my brain will flow better again :)
Oh and btw your son and step daughter are just beautiful!!

Sandi Keene said...

Shonna - Nice to officially meet you!

Victorian Lady said...

Lol...I did think it was you, but you are not that far off! :) You WILL get new ideas again...listen to songs...I could get a million just from them. Oh look at some vintage postcards...they are so fun! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! :)

Mere

Anonymous said...

My holiday break inspired me so much that I didn't want to go back to work. So many new ideas, so little time. I guess that comes from being an art director and having to concept every day for the last 18 years though. I'm used to brainstorming... :) I hope you get some new inspiration soon!

Becky Hilgendorf said...

Hahahaha!!!So glad to meet you!I did think that picture was you!!!!You are as pretty as that picture too.....:)I have had a 'block' for a while now,then I got started doing cloth and clay dolls,I figure that will pass and I'll get back into painting.....you really outdid yourself at Christmas.So don't be hard on yourself,I love your art!
Becky

Deirdra Doan said...

I look forward to your print tutorial. Read about it on suzi page. Please let me know when it is up... If your leave me a comment on my blog it will be easier for me to find you again.

Anonymous said...

Love your art, so pretty!
Lovely to find your blog. Great!

Melissa Fischer said...

Thanks for droping by my blog! It was nice to meet someone new! Have a great day!
Melissa from Fischtales

Heather said...

hey there! I know how you feel about being burned out...i had to take a bit of a break, to refresh. Its manditory! It feeds your inspiration :)

Flor Larios Art said...

You are very creative and your art is beautiful, your ideas will be floating in your head soon...
Do you know what I do? I look at children's books or go thru songs titles...
I will be back to check your new creations!

Linda Vincent said...

Shonna...its lovely to see what you look like... and you're as gorgeous as your paintings!
I've also struggled to get started this year...but I'm getting there, slowly.
Hope 2009 is a wonderful year for you.
Linda xxx

Anonymous said...

Shonna, Of course I'm not happy that you're also struggling for inspiration but I do admit that it's a relief to know it's not only me! Thank you for commenting on my blog, I'm trying to interconnect more this year and am happy to keep finding such fun sites like yours. Keep on truckin! xoxoxoxo tj

nollyposh said...

X:-) It's so much fun getting to know you more X:-)