Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

New Painting...Sarah's Light

I have been in a total rut when it comes to art. I have so much to do because I have a craft bazaar in November, but I haven't felt the mojo. Usually this time of year really inspires me, but for some reason I am not feeling it. Well it better happen soon or I won't have anything for the bazaar... Thanks for letting me vent! I needed that!





I did finish a painting for a friend who is having a birthday party this Saturday. I really hope she doesn't see it here...She hinted that she would love to have a painting of her and her kids. I have been working on it for about 2 weeks and finally finished it last night. In spite of the lack of inspiration I have been feeling, I am pretty pleased with how it came out. It was painted on Canvas board, so my hubby is going to make a frame for it out of wood tomorrow. I really hope she likes it.


4 comments:

Kolleen said...

She will LOVE it Shonna - beautiful painting!!!!!
I can completely relate to the loss of mojo too! i haven't been feeling any lately and am hoping it will return when i head to Be Present Retreat next week. This painting is going to bring so many smiles to your friends face and to her girls!

Kolleen said...

her kids....i am so used to saying "girls" because of my own!!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! Priceless!
By the way, I have a little happy for you if you'd like to come and grab it... :)

Unknown said...

Shonna, this painting is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! She will loooove it, I'm sure!A real treasure!
I was trying to add your blog to my blog list, but I can't, all that appears when I try is a feed buletin. Don't have a clue why. I would have loved to have you there...
Have a great week, hugs, Sanda xx