Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Working In My Journal Again

It has been since September 2012 since I have worked in my Art Journal. I was so busy making Christmas Ornaments that I didn't have time and then when the hustle and bustle was over, I lost any inspiration to do art. Does that ever happen to you? Do you have dry spells? I recently watched Mystele's new You Tube Video and was so inspired by her, that I opened my journal and began painting. Her excitement over creating art is so infectious and she is a great teacher as well. Thank you Mystele for helping get my mojo back!!

Here is the Art Journal piece inspired my Mystele.
 
This is a commissioned piece I did for someone who's best friend is having a baby. The woman who commissioned me to do the piece is the only one who knows the sex of the baby. The mother and father did not want to know, but gave her the envelope with the result. Now the mother is getting ready to deliver and this painting will be presented to her in the delivery room. Isn't that so cool?? I can't wait to find out how it goes.


Lastly, I was asked to substitute teach an Art Class for a home schooled group of kids. I taught two Thursdays in a row and had an absolute blast! Watching children make art is so exciting to me. They are so free when they create. You can see in their eyes how excited they get when they are given licence to get dirty with paint. And they make art for nobody but themselves. Here are the results...


                                      

Thanks for hanging in there with me, even though I'm not the best blogger in the world. :)

If you haven't liked my Facebook page, please hop on over...I would love to see you there as well.
Twisted Figures Artwork By Shonna Bucaroff
Shonna

 

No comments: