Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Where Women REALLY Create- A challenge!

I really wanted to work in my Art Journal this weekend, but as you know, life sometimes gets in the way of art. My little guy was sick with that nasty flu that is going around, so art took a backseat.

Do you ever feel like sometimes people online only post how wonderful everything in there life is? How truthful do you think that is? Don't get me wrong, I also see many people who only post their woes. But, I will leave that for another post. Right now, I want to talk about the people who's lives are "perfect." "Look at my wonderful family, art, art studio, husband, children (you name it)." I feel the pressure sometimes to make it seem like my life is so wonderful, but that isn't always the case. Don't get me wrong, I feel very blessed in my life and I am very thankful. But sometimes life is hard. Family is hard, our jobs are hard, making art is hard. I don't always have the perfect life and I think it is dishonest to put on the facade that I do. So I am declaring on this blog to try and be real. This is the place where I should be able to be truthful, right?

Let me start out with the "studio" (I use that word loosely). I really don't have a "studio" but a few walls off of our kitchen where my hubby and I share an office.  Here is what mine looks like right now. I know it isn't THAT bad, but let's face it, I won't be on the cover of "Where Women Create" anytime soon.


This is my main work area. Notice the hairband, the ripped up walls and the "Don't forget your Dentist appointment" reminder postcard. Yeah, everything pretty much gets thrown on my desk.

 
See, my Art journal is on my desk. I had every intention of working in it.


This shot is behind my paper organizer. You can't see it unless you look behind it. I'm sneaky like that.


This is my corner. My husband says I have a lot of clutter here. I don't know what he is talking about.


The only somewhat organized part of the room, my little sewing/craft paint credenza.


Welp, there it is. My "studio."

I'd love to know what your work area looks like. If you have a blog, post some pictures. Let's make it a challenge of sorts! Let's see Where women REALLY create!! Are you in?

6 comments:

PiaRom said...

Hey there I came over Mystes ning side and enjoy to look in your sweet studio...you really inspired me to get my little workstation here get cleaned and organized! YES I WILL ;) Love your whimsies and your big journal looks very interesting and fun :) xox Conny

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie Prichard said...

Sooooooooo true!

And I love your additions to the Act Natural piece...really good stuff here.

xx

Clare said...

What a delightful post - I think I like your honesty and why haven't I ever visited you before - I'm glad I've stumbled upon you - looking forward to getting to know you.

Robin said...

I've seen your little space and it always looks pretty clean. However, I will agree with you, you need a whole room to create it. Tell Dan most artists have tons of clutter and yours is just a small corner. lol