Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

His Kingdom Come Creative Prompt Week 2 "I Am Forgiven"

This year the His Kingdom Come community is exploring our identity in Christ. We are creating bi-weekly devotions and then creating art based on those devotions. On the "off" week, we are further exploring our identity in Christ through art by featuring guest artists who are covering the topic: who are we in Christ? or "I am" statements. The "featured" artist will share an art technique based on one of these "I am" statements.

This is the first Creative Prompt week of TMD-DNA and I am one of the Featured Artists (Diane Marra is the other Featured Artist)! Our theme this month is "Come as you are" and the statement for this week is I am forgiven.

There are so many bible verses that talk about forgiveness, but the one that stands out to me is Ephesians 1:7 which says: "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace."

As a Christian, I am forgiven by the Grace of God and not by anything that I have done. Forgiveness of sin is given by the shedding of blood by the one who had no sin (Jesus). The original sin that I was born into was forgiven the day I accepted Christ as my savior and my daily sin is forgiven and forgotten as I repent. Verse 8 of Ephesians chapter 1 further states "that He lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding." When you put the two verses all together, the impact is moving.

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace. That he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding."-Ephesians 1:7-8

While researching this verse I found an amazing sermon online that I would like to share with you by a Pastor by the name of Steven J. Cole. He goes into great detail about this verse and I found it very intriguing. If you would like to listen to the sermon click here for the link.

Here is my Creative Prompt video. I hope you enjoy it and learn something new.

Come and join the faithart journey at His Kingdom Come! FREE weekly devotions, faithart inspirations, technique videos, faithart classes- combining techniques and bible study! Lots of faithart products– stencils, stamps, thermofax screens, canvas, and coloring books!  If you were part of Take me deeper in 2015, please sign up for the 2016 Take me Deeper, so that you have access to the devotions, techniques and discussions! Free planner/journal pages are found here. Take Me Deeper will be continuing in 2016 with the “I am statements” of Jesus and our Spiritual DNA. Looking for your “word” for 2016?  His Kingdom Come has prepared an EBook for free containing the idea of living one word, worksheets and all the prompts for 2016! Get it for free here Logos365  www.his-kingdom-come.com






No comments: