Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Painting Painting and more painting!



On Fridays my son goes to daycare at our good friend's house so that I can do some cleaning and have some mommy time. Well yesterday I got so much painting done and I was just in heaven! I finished my Landscape class paintings. I added some more shading on the trees with charcoal pencil, painted the sides and added berries to the trees. Then I started a little painting on a 5X7 wood block I got from Michaels for $1. I was inspired to paint on wood by Suzi Blu. She paints all of her paintings on wood and even uses a wood burner to outline her subjects. I didn't go that far, but I liked the feel of the wood. The paint really absorbs into it well and it was easy to shade. I finished off the piece with hot beeswax. Let me know what you think.

12 comments:

Sandi Keene said...

How big are the landscape paintings? Love them.

I have never tried painting on a wood block but then I am new to painting so there is very little I have done. Did you prep the surface in any way or just paint?

Tove E said...

HI!
I think you're so clever with mixed media.
Fine mixed media for inspiration to others.
It's so fun to see others' work.

I links you to my blog,
have a nice weekend.
Yours, Tove from Norway.

Sandi Keene said...

Shonna-
The houses (there were 3)were open to the public for a fee like Parade of Homes. Was lots of fun - they were crazy big - like 10,000 sq ft. with a price tag of $9 million.

Anonymous said...

Your doing so great with your paintings! I just bought the Princess of Hearts on Etsy. My 13 yr. old daughter just HAD to have it! It is so her! I love the landscapes painting, it turned out so great! I still want to take that class and saw where she is offering it for the summer. I also STILL need to finish up my Faces painting and post it, I just cannot seem to get that done. Oh well, it's the kids and all, busy with end of school stuff. I cannot wait for the painting to get here. I also like it that you did it on wood. Very neat! Keep up the good work! Later!

Blaiz said...

Both of them are great! The landscape ones look just like the ones Karyn showed as examples of her work. Good job!

Unknown said...

Thanks Kim! I hope your daughter will enjoy it! I will have a little some extra for her in the package as well! I sent you and e-mail. I will get it out on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday! Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

OH!!! Your creations are just beautiful!!!Bravo!!

Bonafyde said...

Got linked here from Pauletter Install and I must say i `m glad I did...beautiful and inspiring work! I too am obsessed with Suzi Blu!!! Love the painting and the use of Love Elsie rub-Ons..genius way to add detail and funk up the painting, goes great with the lady!

suzi blu said...

ooh ooh ooh i love this!!

noodle and lou said...

The landscape paintings turned out so lovely Shonna!!
xoxoxo...jenn

Lola Enchanted said...

Very cute painting!!!~
I like your style!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Hiddy,
You are really getting a lot of painting done. Love your vibrant colors in the landscapes.
I want to thank you again for visiting me. I always love hearing from you.