Saturday, May 24, 2008

Painting Painting and more painting!



On Fridays my son goes to daycare at our good friend's house so that I can do some cleaning and have some mommy time. Well yesterday I got so much painting done and I was just in heaven! I finished my Landscape class paintings. I added some more shading on the trees with charcoal pencil, painted the sides and added berries to the trees. Then I started a little painting on a 5X7 wood block I got from Michaels for $1. I was inspired to paint on wood by Suzi Blu. She paints all of her paintings on wood and even uses a wood burner to outline her subjects. I didn't go that far, but I liked the feel of the wood. The paint really absorbs into it well and it was easy to shade. I finished off the piece with hot beeswax. Let me know what you think.
Post a Comment