Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Shirin" - New Piece on Wood


This is a new piece I have been slowly putting together for a couple of weeks now. I first drew her in my sketch book and then used colored pencils for shading. I also drew the flowers behind her head. Then I used Matt Medium to glue everything down on the wood. I used acrylic paint to fill in her eyes, hair and lips and also to color the flowers. Then I dripped paint everywhere I could on the wood. I sanded the drips and it gave a really cool peeled paint look that I liked. I added molding paste over a sequin waste stencil and then crackle paste in various areas. Then I finished off the piece with more acrylics, Neocolor II and oil pastels. I might still add a little more blush to her face (I think she needs a little more color in those cheeks).
I was watching "Project Runway" and trying to decide what to name the piece, so I decided to name her "Shirin" after one of the designers. Shirin won this weeks challenge (just in case you missed the show).


Thanks for visiting...

Shonna
Post a Comment