Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT "FREEDOM"


Here is a completed homework assignment from the class I am taking with Suzi Blu. We had to draw a girlie on watercolor paper and practice the shading techniques she taught us. Then she showed us how to add a paper doll dress and layers to the piece. The watercolor paper is 10 1/2 X 14 1/2. I also used stamps, stencils, masks and a little jewel piece for her dress. This was so fun. I really like water coloring in this way and I finally found some watercolor paper that I like. The pack I bought is from Strathmore and it is a paper sampler, so it has 2 pages of several different grades of watercolor paper. This one is called Gemini 140lb Cold press. It is just enough roughness to add some texture, but not too much that it is hard to shade. I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I did making it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love her!

Lorri said...

She is gorgeous, I have watched a few S.Blu 'tubes' LOL. I love your girls shading and the whole piece is so nice :)

Giggles said...

Beautiful I love her, still your own style!! Well done!

Tif said...

This is wonderful! I love her.

Blaiz said...

OMG, she's gorgeous. I just finished my girl without any background, and here you are with a finished piece! Unfortunately, I used 90lb watercolor paper and I'm having a hard time. I ruined one girl, had success with the second (I posted it on the workshop site), and ruined the third girl.

You give me hope!

Lunara said...

I like so much.. so beautiful!

3rdEyeMuse said...

most definitely enjoy looking at it - I think she's exquisite. Again, I am soooo loving all your details. :)

reagan said...

Very pretty girlie! Your background is wonderful too!