Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

More Girlies and a new class!




The first girl is called "Lovestruck" she was painted on 6X12 wood and finished with hot beeswax (I still need to smooth out some of the areas with a quilting iron). The second painting is done on 12X12 canvas and the girlie is painted on watercolor paper. Then I popped her up on the canvas with pop dots. The wings are chipboard and I finished off the girl and wings with hot beeswax.

The last painting is another online class I am taking with Wyanne. The class is called "Art Play" and she is teaching us different techniques. It is a lot of fun playing with different materials that I have never used before.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love your new girls..especially "love struck"

Carmen said...

So glad I stopped by here today. I'm not getting your blog in my feed for some reason. Hmmmm, have to figure that one out.

Anyhoo, I love the new girlies and that background is incredible from your technique class. Isn't Wyanne great?!

Have a great day!

Carmen

Jessi Nagy said...

super cute.
i do hope you are getting a tone of custom orders. you deserve them
xooxxo,
jessi

Sandi Keene said...

Great work, Shonna. Enjoy your class - it looks great.

Blaiz said...

Always beautiful work!

Krissy said...

These are gorgeous. I love how you popped the one painting out. Love the shadow effect. Your girls are so soft and whimsical! Mind if I add you to my blogroll?
Krissy

Linda Vincent said...

I love your artwork Shonna...your girls are beautiful. 'Lovestruck' is particularly sweet.
Linda

nollyposh said...

Wow~ Shonna <3
i love all your creativity...
how busy have you been!?!
~beautiful~
and thanks again for ALL of the ~lovely~ thoughts and ~kind~ wishes that you have sent my way
hugzzz & luv, vicki xox