Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Tribute to a Friend


Sorry I have been gone for awhile. I have had a tough week and 1/2. First I found out a guy I went to high school with died in a helicopter crash (he was a rescue diver) and then last week I found out a friend of mine had a brain embolism and was brain dead. It was really hard to find out information because the family wanted privacy (understandably so). Well I found out that she was taken off life support and her funeral is this Friday. This has hit me hard even though we kind of lost touch over the years when I moved to a different city. She was so young (only 41) and had a 9 year old son. I have been feeling really sad, but this has taught me not to take anything or anyone for granted. I painted a portrait in her honor and it has helped me to feel a little better. The wording reads "My sweet friend, go and be free forever." I am leaving tomorrow for the wake and some closure.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shonna I am so sorry for your loss.
That is a wonderful picture of Shannon. She has such a beautiful smile. I love the painting you did in her honor. I know you are hurting Shonna but it will all be Ok I promise. I love you...Mom

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for you...

The painting is really beautiful, even if the eyes look sad (in my opinion), it shows well how your friend was in your heart.

Hugs,

Nolwenn (from Suzi's workshop)

Terri Stegmiller said...

That is a wonderful piece of art Shonna, and a lovely tribute as well.

Sandi Keene said...

The painting is gorgeous. So sorry about your friend. Hugs-

Lorri said...

Shonna, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. You are right, we often take people for granted and put off visiting etc., and then one day we realise it's all too late. I hope you find peace, like she has.
Love to you at this sad time.

xo

3rdEyeMuse said...

Shonna, my heart aches for you right now. That is an amazing tribute ... may you find the closure you are seeking.

Marilyn said...

I'm so sorry, Shonna, for the loss of your friend. Your tribute painting is beautiful--may it bring you comfort and peace.
Hugs, Marilyn

Joelle Dolce Bebe said...

Im so sorry Shonna You both will be in my prayers.
Your painting is a Beautiful tribute.
Best Wishes ~
Joelle XO

Kathy said...

I am very sorry for your losses! The painting is wonderul.