Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Ray Family

Here is the last commission piece I have for now. The family wanted a "Beachy" theme, so I made it look beachy....yeah, like it has been buried in the sand for 20 years...LOL!! I used a LOT of layers and I also added mosaic square glass pieces around the edges. The words say "Family, Together and Laugh." I found them in the dollar section at Michaels and they were a silver finish, so I used alcohol inks to give them the colors I wanted. I finished off the piece with hot beeswax and then scratched into the wax. After that, I used burnt sienna OIL paint and rubbed it into the cracks and crevices for that shabby look. Michelle, I hope you like the piece! I will add ribbon so you can hang it.

If anyone is interested in a custom piece from me, just contact me and we can discuss the details. I have had so many commissions lately, I don't know what to do now that this is my last one!! LOL!!!!

Thanks for looking everyone. I am so grateful for the encouragement my blog followers give me...you gals rock!!!!


Close up of some of the details.

Shonna

6 comments:

Shelly said...

SHONNIE I LOVE IT!! I can't wait to see it in person.

Blaiz said...

What a lovely keepsake!

Thelma-Art said...

I enjoy looking at your art. So whimsical and colorful.

Micki Wilde said...

Shonna this is beautiful, the little boy is just adorable!!

Micki x

Jody said...

This is beautiful...I love the colors!!
jody

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hi Shonna!

Thanks for coming to visit sweetie! This is an adorable commission piece! Have a great weekend!