Saturday, February 7, 2009

Work in Progress--Trio


Here are some paintings I am working on. I really love it when other artists show their process, so I thought I would share a little about mine.


First I sketch the girlie in my sketchbook so I can get a feel for what I want. Once I work out the details in my book, I sketch my image onto wood. For the most part I re-draw my girlie instead of using transfer paper, so the girlie in my sketchbook will often look a bit different from the final product.


In the case of this trio, I was so pleased with the way they came out in my sketchbook, that I did use transfer paper to transfer them all on the wood.


After I do the sketch on wood, I woodburn the image into the wood. This part is very therapeutic for me and I love the smell of the wood burning.


Then I use colored pencils for shading on the faces and for using a base on the hair and clothes. I haven't decided what colors I want for the two girlies on the left so I haven't colored their dresses yet.


This is where I am at this point. I will try to post more as I go.


I hope you are enjoying your weekend!!
Post a Comment