Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Work in Progress--Trio


Here are some paintings I am working on. I really love it when other artists show their process, so I thought I would share a little about mine.


First I sketch the girlie in my sketchbook so I can get a feel for what I want. Once I work out the details in my book, I sketch my image onto wood. For the most part I re-draw my girlie instead of using transfer paper, so the girlie in my sketchbook will often look a bit different from the final product.


In the case of this trio, I was so pleased with the way they came out in my sketchbook, that I did use transfer paper to transfer them all on the wood.


After I do the sketch on wood, I woodburn the image into the wood. This part is very therapeutic for me and I love the smell of the wood burning.


Then I use colored pencils for shading on the faces and for using a base on the hair and clothes. I haven't decided what colors I want for the two girlies on the left so I haven't colored their dresses yet.


This is where I am at this point. I will try to post more as I go.


I hope you are enjoying your weekend!!

5 comments:

Blaiz said...

I had to laugh when I saw Princess Leia!

Love all 3 ladies!

Micki Wilde said...

Your princess leia is so pretty!!
Love her!!

Micki x

Anonymous said...

Hi Shonnie! I followed your link from the Esc. moms meetup. Your work is awesome! Very inspirational and beautiful!

Susan
619/861-7559

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Great trio in progress. Love what your doing.

Anne said...

Hi, Shonna! I've seen you on Suzi's Ning, but Kristin helped me find your blog! Love your work in progress. The one of Princess Leia is sooooooo good! Fabulous! :-)