Thursday, April 16, 2009

Features, Blog Award and a Pineapple Princess

Two of my pieces have been featured. First, my "Flower Girl" piece was in an Etsy Treasury. You can take a look here. Second, my "Busy Bee" piece was featured on this really cool website:

I was also given a really special Blog Award from Micki of the Art Hermit. Her work is so sweet and I would highly recommend checking out her blog.




This Renee award was created by Bella and Ces in honour of their friend Renee.
In Bella's own words "this is a brand new award and I have the pleasure and honor of spreading the seed, watching it grow. I hope it finds it's way to those who are like Renee: the acorn, a small package becoming a tall and sturdy oak, giving more acorns, becoming tall and sturdy oaks, giving acorns..."





So now I am going to pass on this award to the following people, people who's blogs I love, who's art makes me smile and whom I will visit time and time again!





PBSArtStudio





Lisa Lectura Creations





Alison's Heart Sings





Creative Flutter





I also completed a commission today for a friend of mine. She wanted a girlie holding a pineapple for the entryway in her home. The pineapple means "Welcome" in Hawaii. I made the girlie resemble her 16 year old daughter.
I hope you all have a safe and artful weekend!
Shonna
Post a Comment