Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Three Angels (Work in Progress)



I am painting a commission for my aunt and she wanted it done on canvas. I haven't worked on canvas in awhile, so this has been a lot of fun so far. I am really loving the way it is coming along. I have been trying to achieve this color red for hair for a long time and I finally got the color combination down. Burnt Sienna with some burgundy mixed in. I am trying to use some of the techniques I have learned in the online class "Creative Textures" . Creating texture is not as easy as it seems, but I will keep experimenting.

Thanks for taking a look!
Shonna

5 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Shonna,
It is looking great...I kknow you will create a rich beautiful background! I will be back to check.
Flor

Kristin Long said...

Beautiful, Shonna! I can't wait to see the rest!!!! I love the first angel!!!!

Mom said...

I know Judy is going to love it. Can't wait to see the progress and the end product. Love you, Mom

Blaiz said...

Wow, Shonna, the shadowing on the angel's face is really spectacular! The rest of the piece looks great, too.

Micki Wilde said...

Great work Shonna, I wanted to take that class too but just can't afford it right now :(

I just noticed you'd left me a message on Willowings ning group, i'm going to have to check my settings because I didn't get an email telling me it was there!?
Thank you anyway, we were both featured at the same time I think, me on willowing and you on Suzi blu *yay* go us!! lol

Micki x