Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Liberty and some exciting news!!

Happy April Fools Day!! I hope you don't get too many tricks played on you. When I turned on my computer this morning, there was a message that said I was infected by the April Fool's Virus. My heart stopped for a second until I looked at my husband and he had a little smirk on his face. He isn't very good at "playing" things like that off. When I scrolled down, it said "April Fools" love your Hubby! I guess it could have been worse. I need to think of something to get him back though...any ideas?




Here is my latest piece "Liberty." I was going to go in a different direction with this piece. I was going to make it more of a "Rock n Roll" type piece, but I received an e-mail from a customer that said she wanted to purchase it when it was complete. She said it would go great in her "Americana" living room, so I changed my vision for it. She also wants a male counterpart, so I will be working on that. I am very happy with the way it turned out, so I will be making prints of it.



Now for some exciting news! I have been chosen to be a team member of the blog "Inspirational." I will be helping to feature different artists and their blogs. This is exciting for me because the blog mainly features scrapbook artists and card makers. I applied to be apart of the blog because I want to bring something different to the blog and bring more attention to mixed media artists. I will be selecting one artist per week to be featured and if you are chosen, I will send an e-mail asking your permission. I am really stoked about this!! There are over 400 subscribers of the blog and I think this is a great opportunity for your art to be seen by a different group of people. There is also so much inspiration on the blog that could be incorporated in mixed media, so it is great from that angle as well.

******UPDATE******* I have added prints of "Liberty" and "I Loved You" in my Etsy shop. The ORIGINAL of "I Loved You" is also available in the shop.
Post a Comment