Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Journal Page Complete




My first journal page is complete for "The Goddess and the Poet" class with Suzi Blu. I love this journal page so much and I really love working in a journal. I could never really understand what the purpose of an art journal was until now. I always thought it was a waste to work so hard on something that was just going to be closed most of the time, but I was so wrong. I feel so free when I work in it; like I'm more willing to take risks and have fun.I can't wait until it is all full and thick with embellishments. I'm going to sew in it and experiment with things that I wouldn't dare do on canvas or wood. Why did I wait so long to do this?? I think what finally sold me was that I feel like this would be something I could pass down to my son when he is an adult. I'm not so sure he would like to have paintings of girlies all over his bachelor pad, from his mommy. A journal would be something he could always have and put it wherever he wanted to.




If you don't have an art journal, I would HIGHLY recommend starting one.




8 comments:

Beki said...

This is beautiful, love it xxx

Michele said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful colors, background, girl, everything!

Jenn b said...

I love it Shonna, so beautiful and I love the color of her eyes.
Love, Mom XOXO

Carmen said...

Looks great Shonna!

Anonymous said...

Shonna, do you find watching Suzi's video's, that the more you see her create these beautiful girls, you fall in deep love with her art and feel that Suzi is even more special that before, even more so than she was brilliant, she is more brilliant. Oh, my goodness I think she is going to be so famous, more so than before. I feel so overjoyed and mad for new ways of art.
Thank you so much for your message and so glad someone else feels this way. Helps me to feel normal,lol! Maybe we are both mad,lol! He, he, he! Are well, never mind, as long as we're happy and everyone around us is happy too.
Sending you a big SMILE :D

Anonymous said...

I love your blue lady! Picasso went through a Blue period also! So cool!

Zorana said...

I'm smiling here thinking about how you felt when you "got" the art journaling thing. Amazing, isn't it? Your journal page is more than beautiful.

Sandi Keene said...

wow - love the soulfulness of this piece. I think she spoke to me.

The blue sketch (was it "alone") is hauntingly beautiful. I am running out of adjectives here, Shonna. WOW