Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

PORTRAITS CLASS AND SHOP UPDATE!


I am taking yet ANOTHER online class (yes, I have a problem). I am taking Suzi Blu's "The Goddess and The Poet" class. We are learning more realistic portraits and how to use shading with pencil and then with colored pencils. This has been a little bit of a challenge for me. I get the concept of how to draw realistic noses and lips, but I am struggling with the placement of everything on the face so the girlie looks pretty. I am really enjoying this class because it is a challenge I needed right now. I don't want to get stuck in one way of drawing, I want to expand and continue to learn. So learn I will...


On Friday, I will have a HUGE shop update. I have been working on several different projects and I can't wait to reveal them. So stay tuned...


Lastly, I would like to thank everyone who commented on the last post about how to organize your creative ideas. It was very helpful to me...I LOVE my blog friends!!!

3 comments:

Kristin Long said...

Wow, Shonna, she's beautiful! She struck me the moment your blog loaded! I love her!

I've nominated you for the Circle of Friends award on my blog. Thank you so much for being a great friend to me!

To pick up the Circle of Friends Blog Award:

1. Cut and paste the award logo and use it on your own blog.

2. Nominate at least 5 other bloggers you feel have become part of your circle of friends.

3. Link to your nominees within your blog post.

4. Include these instructions on how to pick up the award in your blog post.

5. Link back to the person who gave you the award in your blog post, to show your appreciation.

6. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received the award.

Kolleen said...

she's beautiful...i need to take one of these online courses! looks fun!! i am anxious to hear about all the fun things you've been working on!

Lucy Hudec said...

Very nice portrait!!!